Reyburn CyberTuner for iOS System Requrements: iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5.0 or later with 8gb memory minimum, 16gb or greater recommended, fully tested with iOS 7.0. iRCT is an iPhone app which runs on any iPad in iPhone mode in either 1x or 2x size with iOS 5, 6 or 7.
Support for iRCT is provided by our network of iRCT specialists in North America, Europe and Japan. All iRCT support is provided by PTG-RPT qualified professional piano technicians who are also iRCT users.
See Contact page for questions in French, German, Japanese, Norwegian/Swedish or Spanish langauge.
iRCT v6.5x Getting Started Manual (3 mb PDF, English, 28 pages))
Scoring a Mock Tuning Exam with iRCT v6.5
- Use iRCT to study for the RPT Tuning Exam, or to learn or brush up on aural tuning.
Includes directions for Aural Tutor. (1 mb PDF, English, 2 pages))
*You should always run the latest CyberTuner version possible, no matter what your iOS version.
Updating your iRCT device to iOS 7:
1. Update CyberTuner to the latest version, v6.0.3f1 or later is *REQUIRED* to run on iOS 7. Older iRCT versions will not run on iOS 7.
To update, tap the App Store app, tap Updates icon and tap the "Update" button next to the CyberTuner icon. If necessary, tap the Search icon and search for "iRCT", "reyburn" or "cybertuner" to find the CyberTuner page. You must be signed in with your Apple ID to update iRCT.
2. Start CyberTuner and insure that version 6.0.3 or later is installed. Tap the About icon at the bottom. Installing the latest iRCT version now will make the transition easier!
3. Make sure you have your iRCT ID (email username) and password. You will need them after updating to iOS 7.
4. Install iOS 7 on your device. Tap Settings/General/Software update. You'll need an internet connection (fast is best!).
PLEASE NOTE if you have issues installing iOS 7 you will need to contact Apple support.
5. Start CyberTuner. If iRCT doesn't ask you to Sign in, then tap About and Register/Sign In. (Requires mobile phone or wifi connection).
If the sign in fails, please pay careful attention to the message displayed. If it says:
Please Update iRCT. This version is not compatible with iOS 7 or later.
Then you are running v6.0.2 or older. Go to the App Store app and update CyberTuner. You may need to detete the CyberTuner app for the update to appear in the App Store. Then go back to Step 4 above and Sign In.
If you have a password problem - usually indicated by the message "Invalid CyberCare account..." then tap iRCT's "iForgot" button and rest your password. If you can't reset your password please fill out the tech support web form above. Password/security issues *MUST* be handled by email only.
This is the same issue that exists on all platforms for any program which needs significant resources such as RCT. However on iOS with 700,000 apps available and many users having hundreds of apps on their iOS devices it's more common to have dozens, scores or even a hundred or more apps open and running in the background.
If you have any trouble with the CyberEar/Chameleon seeming slow, or any spinner issue, please exit all other apps!
1.To exit apps, tap the Home button below the screen to close the currently running app INCLUDING CYBERTUNER!
2.From the home screen quickly double tap the home button. This shows all the running applications (at the bottom for iOS 6).
3. iOS 7: Swipe each app's window up to exit.
3. iOS 6: Press an app icon for 2-3 seconds until they "wiggle", and tap the red "minus" badge appears on the icon to exit.
4. Exit all apps including CyberTuner.
Explanation: Apps running in the background use memory and cpu time. If you have a large number of apps (or just one that's a hog) they may leave little or no resources for Chameleon and/or CyberEar to do its usual excellent job.
Please remember that iRCT has no way to exit other apps by itself, you will have to help it out.