Reyburn CyberTuner for iOS System Requrements: iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later with 8gb memory minimum, 16gb or greater recommended. CyberTuner takes less than 1% of the memory on an 8gb iOS device. As with all iOS apps, an internet connection (wifi or mobile phone) is required to install iRCT. Fully tested with iOS 7. iRCT is an iPhone app which runs on any iPad in iPhone mode in either 1x or 2x size.
Support for iRCT is provided by our network of iRCT specialists in North America, Europe and Japan. All iRCT support is provided by PTG-RPT qualified professional piano technicians who are also iRCT users.
See Contact page for questions in French, German, Japanese, Norwegian/Swedish or Spanish langauge.
iRCT v6.5x Getting Started Manual (3 mb PDF, English, 28 pages))
Scoring a Mock Tuning Exam with iRCT v6.5
- Use iRCT to study for the RPT Tuning Exam, or to learn or brush up on aural tuning.
Includes directions for Aural Tutor. (1 mb PDF, English, 2 pages))
1. Start the App Store app on your iOS device.
2. On iPhone or iPod touch: Tap the "Updates" icon in the lower right hand corner. and tap "Purchased".
On iPad tap the "Purchased" icon at the bottom, then in the upper left hand corner tap "iPad apps" and choose "iPhone apps".
3. CyberTuner should appear in the list of apps with an "Update" button or iCloud (cloud with arrow) button to download. If not scroll down or do a search. If you're still not seeing CyberTuner in the list, you may not be signed in to the same iTunes account and Apple ID used for the original purchase. See below.
If CyberTuner does not appear in "purchased" updates, you may be not be signed into your Apple ID account, or you may be signed in to the wrong Apple ID. You must be signed into the Apple ID which was used to initially purchase your CyberTuner license.
To sign in to your iTunes account in the App Store tap the "Featured" tab at the bottom left (5 point star). Scroll to the bottom and confirm you are signed in to the correct Apple ID.
If you have an iTunes account issue or need help with your Apple ID please note that RCT support is not able to help other than pointing you to Apple online support or the Apple Store genius bar. For security reasons only Apple can provide direct support for your Apple ID.
If you don't see CyberTuner in the App Store updates section, CyberTuner may alredy be installed (in another page or folder). On iOS 7, swipe down and enter "cybertuner" to find the app.
Please contact iTunes/AppleID Support if you need help with your AppleID or iTunes account: Apple ID / iTunes help
For personal help with your iOS device, iTunes account or Apple ID make a FREE Genius Bar reservation at your local Apple Store.
*You should always run the latest CyberTuner version possible, no matter what your iOS version.
Updating your iRCT device to iOS 7:
1. Update CyberTuner to the latest version, v6.6x or later is *REQUIRED* to run on iOS 7. Older iRCT versions will not run on iOS 7.
To update, tap the App Store app, tap Updates icon and tap the "Update" button next to the CyberTuner icon. If necessary, tap the Search icon and search for "iRCT", "reyburn" or "cybertuner" to find the CyberTuner page. You must be signed in with your Apple ID to update iRCT.
2. Start CyberTuner and insure that version 6.6 or later is installed. Tap the About icon at the bottom. Installing the latest iRCT version now will make the transition easier!
3. Make sure you have your iRCT ID (email username) and password. You will need them after updating to iOS 7.
4. Install iOS 7 on your device. Tap Settings/General/Software update. You'll need an internet connection (fast is best!).
PLEASE NOTE if you have issues installing iOS 7 you will need to contact Apple support.
5. Start CyberTuner. If iRCT doesn't ask you to Sign in, then tap About and Register/Sign In. (Requires mobile phone or wifi connection).
If the sign in fails, please pay careful attention to the message displayed. If it says:
Please Update iRCT. This version is not compatible with iOS 7 or later.
Then you are running v6.0.2 or older. Go to the App Store app and update CyberTuner. You may need to detete the CyberTuner app for the update to appear in the App Store. Then go back to Step 4 above and Sign In.
If you have a password problem - usually indicated by the message "Invalid CyberCare account..." then tap iRCT's "iForgot" button and reset your password. If you can't reset your password please fill out the tech support web form above. Password/security issues *MUST* be handled by email only.
This is the same issue that exists on all platforms for any program which needs significant resources such as RCT. However on iOS with 700,000 apps available and many users having hundreds of apps on their iOS devices it's more common to have dozens, scores or even a hundred or more apps open and running in the background.
If you have any trouble with the CyberEar/Chameleon seeming slow, or any spinner issue, please exit all other apps!
1.To exit apps, tap the Home button below the screen to close the currently running app INCLUDING CYBERTUNER!
2.From the home screen quickly double tap the home button. This shows all the running applications (at the bottom for iOS 6).
3. iOS 7: Swipe each app's window up to exit.
3. iOS 6: Press an app icon for 2-3 seconds until they "wiggle", and tap the red "minus" badge appears on the icon to exit.
4. Exit all apps including CyberTuner.
Explanation: Apps running in the background use memory and cpu time. If you have a large number of apps (or just one that's a hog) they may leave little or no resources for Chameleon and/or CyberEar to do its usual excellent job.
Please remember that iRCT has no way to exit other apps by itself, you will have to help it out.